H1 to L2 change of status

ivzurich

Hi ,

I have been in the US on H1B for nearly 6 yrs and my H1B expires in April 2012. My spouse is on L1A .

I am planning for a change of status from h1 to l2 after my 6th year.My husband's company is ready to file my L2.

My questions are :

1) In case the dependent visa L2 is filed in next 10 days by when should i quit my current job and move onto assume L1 dependent (L2) status.(filed at uscis or after l2 decision approved/rejected)

2) What are my options if my l2 decision is not recieved before my h1 expiry?

3) For EAD what is the process and timelines :

2.1 Am i elgible for EAD considering i have already stayed on h1 for 6yrs

2.2 Can i file for EAD once the receipt of L2 filing at USCIS for dependent is available ?

or Wait for the L2 to be approved , quit the current job and then file for ead ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

I have been in the US on H1B for nearly 6 yrs and my H1B expires in April 2012. My spouse is on L1A .

I am planning for a change of status from h1 to l2 after my 6th year.My husband's company is ready to file my L2.

My questions are :

1) In case the dependent visa L2 is filed in next 10 days by when should i quit my current job and move onto assume L1 dependent (L2) status.(filed at uscis or after l2 decision approved/rejected)

2) What are my options if my l2 decision is not recieved before my h1 expiry?

3) For EAD what is the process and timelines :

2.1 Am i elgible for EAD considering i have already stayed on h1 for 6yrs

2.2 Can i file for EAD once the receipt of L2 filing at USCIS for dependent is available ?

or Wait for the L2 to be approved , quit the current job and then file for ead ?

Hi IvZurich,

Mine is a similar case. I am planning to file L2 and EAD concurrently. Can you please tell me if this saves processing time? I mean can we get L2 and EAD together in 2-3 months if everything goes well. Since EAD is for L2, I am little skeptical that filing concurrently will save any time as EAD may get processed only after L2 is approved. can you pease help..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived