How to do leap frog to avoid L1 to H1 Change of status?

devex

I am currently on L1B Visa with Company A. Company B applied for my H1B in mid October 2011 which i don't know was with a Change of Status request or not. I haven't got the H1B approval yet, its still in process with USCIS and I assume it was with a Change of Status request but i don't know what is my Change of Status Start Date. I want to continue working on L1 with Company A upto 2012 year end because of some personal reasons. I want to do "Leap frog" in order to maintain my status on L1B but as i don't know what is my Change of Status start date or may be the change of status is prior to the H1B approval date (which i haven't got yet as i mentioned above), I have following questions in this regard:

1. How can i do leap frog when i don't know what is my change of status start date?

2. How can i do leap frog if my Change of status start date is prior to my H1B approval date, which i haven't got yet as the case is still in process with USCIS?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Attorney_23/pontevecchio,

Thanks for your responses!

I asked Employer B about how my petition was filed, he says its a change of status request without any start date mentioned which as per him means as soon as i get H1B approval I will be on H1B status and unauthorized to work on L1. Now I don't know what exactly is my change of status start date or as per Employer B its the approval date of H1B,, what should i do to maintain my status to L1 going forward no matter when H1B gets approved.

Thanks!

More than likely, the employer would need to withdraw the petition or request that it be changed to a straight petition rather than a petition to change your status. However, I would need to review the documents to determine for certain what it is that they have requested. You may wish to schedule a consult with an experienced attorney.

Archived