F1 - H1 Stamping concerns

rajcool111

Hello,

I am currently on H1B and going to india for stamping 1st time after long time (4.5 yrs). I came to US on F1 finished my studies and started working here on H1 and didnt got a chance to visit India because of work load and economic downturn to keep my job safe.

My concern is,

1. Does anyone know if they reject the H1B stamp under the reason of "potential immigrant" since I didnt Visit India for so long

2. I worked for prev employer on EVC model and working on FT now, but will there be any concerns or docs needed from prev employer?

3. Does anyone know what kind of questioning they do during interviews and how should they be answered/handled?

Here are my other details,

F1 stay - 2 yrs, OPT- 2 yrs, H1- 1 yrs (3 yrs approval)

Work - Full time employee

Have all previous pay-stubs/W2s/Work Authorization docs

Experts please help me here to solve this situation.

In general, stamping for full-time employees is not a problem. Most of them who are facing trouble is consultants who are working under EC/EVC model.

Regarding your question on potential immigrant, it shouldn't be a problem as I have my friends who traveled to India almost after 4 yrs got their visa approved. The only thing you need to keep in mind is to carry all the required documents with you.

ATB

Archived