Priority date porting with different job description

har1234

Hi Everyone,

I have an approved i140 on EB3 been approved last november from companyAA. But later when had been to India for stamping had some issues and had to switch to another comapany and later I am here currently in USA.

The new company companyBB is filing for Labor. But I have few question regarding this....

Do I qualify in porting the dates of my previously approved priority date while filing for EB2 category thru companyBB ????

Also does the job duties needs to be the same because.... does the INS look for the job duties to be same. Because the previous company

while filing i140 I was as a Software developer in compabyAA, But in the new company I am QA Enginneer in companyBB.

So while while porting dates does the INS looks for same job duties OR if it is different they will not ????

Could you please clarify me on this .... Would really appreciate.

Thanx,

Har1234

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pontevecchio,

Thank you for the reply.

So you mean that if my job description are different from the old Labor they would not mind porting the dates. As I am from Software Engineer to Quality Engineer so should not be a problem.

Some more detailed reply woeuld really appretiate also has anyone go thru the same kind of situation as I have gone thru.... please share .... I am confused.

Thank you,

har1234

Archived