H4 stamping with Old or New I797?

gharik25

Hi All,

My wife needs to get her H4 Visa stamping. I have two i797 petitions from - old employer (A) & New employer(B).

Right now i am working for B. I want to go back to old employer (A) after 2 months to file my i485.

If she gets H4 stamping based on New Empl (B) petition (i797) will this deactivate the old i797 of A?

As i have pay stubs from Current empl (B) i want her to go for H4 stamping based on B's petition.

Please suggest.

thanks

Hari

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Applied for H1B transfer to Company A on July 2011 with the client A. -- CASE 1 (RFE was answered showing the below amendment case and visa was approved in Jan 2012 and got I797/I94 forms today).

2. Since changed client before the visa approval, applied for visa amendment. -- CASE 2 (RFE still Pending. RFE is 'please response to CAse 1's RFE.'. CAse 1 is approved there after).

3. Company is planning to answer the Case 2 RFE now since they dont want it to be neglected.

4. Now if i want my wife to go for H4 in india can i ask her to go with the CAse 1's I797 document. Or should i still wait for the amendment case Case2's I797/I94 provided if it is approved after 2 weeks from now.

When i asked the approval I797/I94 my employer tells me to wait for 15 more days so that my wife can go for stamping with the new I797 document. I am not sure what is the output of case 2 gonna be. Please advice which I797 is best to be carried by my wife's H4 visa.

Archived