L1 from employer while present in USA on H4

p.priyaprabhala

Hi,

Moved to USA on H4 visa in month of Oct- 2011. Served for Company X for all most 4 yrs , so got Loss of pay leave at India.

Got update that, there is open position for same employer( company X) in USA, so their are willing to file L1 for me.

Few queries before move on further:

1) Do i need to travel to India to attend the L1 visa interview?

2) How much time its gonna take to get the L1 processed?

Thanks in advance....

Hi,

Moved to USA on H4 visa in month of Oct- 2011. Served for Company X for all most 4 yrs , so got Loss of pay leave at India.

Got update that, there is open position for same employer( company X) in USA, so their are willing to file L1 for me.

Few queries before move on further:

1) Do i need to travel to India to attend the L1 visa interview?

2) How much time its gonna take to get the L1 processed?

Thanks in advance....

You do not have to go to India for stamping or interview. Your status can be changed here through individual petition. Your company has to file for the relevant paperwork. It should take close to 1 month for the processing. But when you get your status changed and then when you step out of US, then you would need to go to US consulate in India for getting the new visa stamped. This is not a legal opinion and you should consult and immigration attorney in this matter. This information is based on the knowledge that I have.

Archived