I-94 Expiring. Passport Renewal

delhivisaa

Hello Experts-

I have my my I-94 issued till the date of my passport expiry. I am planning to get my passport renewed next month. After my renewal. Do I have to go out of the country to get my I-94 extended. or Can I get my I-94 renewed in states. I am sure my situation is not very uncommon.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Raj.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cross the border and return with a new I94. This situation should not be comf reminding people to keep Passports current.

Hi,

I came back from India in May, 2011 - My passport was expiring in Nov, 2012 - I couldn't renew the passport since I had more than a year of validity. I have new renewed passport now.

I have my H1B extension approved with future date of 06/25/2011 - 06/25/2014 (future date as of my POE Date). But got my I-94 only till Nov, 2012 (passport expiration date).

Which will be last action rule in my case - I-94 at CBP or my H1 extension (even though it was approved before my travel - since it is future dated)? My attorney says I am fine - my H1 I-94 is the most recent one - but I just want to be sure.

I don't have US Visa - if I go to Canada using AVR, I will not get new I-94 right.

Thanks,

Shashi.

Archived