Any Risk inviolved?

simplybaba

Hello Everyone,

My current employer is filling H1B (1st time, fresh) for me. I have bachelors and masters in Computer Science from India and then I did Masters in Finance from United States. I have 2 years of IT experience in India. Currently I am working as Peoplesoft Programmer which deals with creating application for Payroll and budget/Finance department. Is there any risk involved of being H1 rejection because of my degree in Finance and I am working as programmer. Also when I applied for the job Degree in Finance was desired but not required. Currently I am working on OPT. Also in H1B application my employer has written my job responsibilities to be related to Payroll department. So is there any risk involved with my application ?

Thanks & Regards,

R

There is a risk in every application. You have to be confident that the lawyer you or your employer selected knows how to present a proper H1B case.

With regard to the degree, the H1 job does not need to be directly related to the U.S. degree. It is necessary to show that the beneficiary has the qualifications-----for example here an IT position and a person with a batchelors and masters in computer science.

Thank you so much for the response. Currently I am working on OPT, and on OPT you can work in the field which is related to your US degree, in my case my designation says I am Programmer but actually I am making application for Payroll and Finance department. Does it (Designation) affects my H1 application ?

Thanks & Regards,

R

Thanks for the response, actually I have fear from the fact that on OPT you can work directly related to your field and Programmer designation sounds like computer science but I did Masters in Finance from US. Also when I applied for the job degree in Finance was desired as job responsibilities are related to making application for Payroll and Finance department. So is there anything to worry about or I am just fooling around....

No matter what your designation says- as long as your background can justify your current job you are good to go with your H1B.

As long as you have done BS/MS in Computer science in your life it will count towards 'programmer' designation when filing for H1B application. The lawyers will emphasize on your computer programming degree in your application and may/may not even mention your finance degree. My lawyer didnt even mention my experience in OPT.

Archived