I94 is valid till 01 May 2012 but H1B is valid till Dec 2013

souvik.dekhan

• 2 weeks later...

My Employer informed me to go to nearest CBP and get new I-94. I went to the nearest CBP office but they told me, from the last year rule has been changed and they don't do it any more.They informed me this is not a correction because they put the date in I-94 based on the passport expiry date.They referred me to contact USCIS office for that. In USCIS, they have provided me I-102 form for I-94 extension. So is this the correct form to extend my I-94 date and to match the Form I-797 petition expiration date or I have to fill up some other form?

Please let me know what I need to do?Thanks.

Note: I-94 expiration date(1st May 2012 based on the old passport expiration date and I have a new passport now)

Visa/petition is valid till Dec 2013.

• 3 weeks later...

My Employer informed me to go to nearest CBP and get new I-94. I went to the nearest CBP office but they told me, from the last year rule has been changed and they don't do it any more.They informed me this is not a correction because they put the date in I-94 based on the passport expiry date.They referred me to contact USCIS office for that. In USCIS, they have provided me I-102 form for I-94 extension. So is this the correct form to extend my I-94 date and to match the Form I-797 petition expiration date or I have to fill up some other form?

Please let me know what I need to do?Thanks.

Note: I-94 expiration date(1st May 2012 based on the old passport expiration date and I have a new passport now)

Visa/petition is valid till Dec 2013.

Hi,

I am also in the same situation...Did you get your I-94 corrected? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Shashi.

Archived