I-485 sent 2 days before.

somu4u

It should be rejected, and returned with everything in tact. It may take a bit before it is mailed back.

There is a chance that the USCIS will miss the issue at the mail room level, and accept the case for filing/cash the checks. BUT, this does not mean that it is ok---it just means that the mail room/contractor missed this problem. If that happens, the adjudicator will almost certainly notice it and deny the case.

Check to see if the filing fee checks have been cashed.

I will note that there is just no reason for this to happen. Cases should NOT be filed in advance. Sometimes, people will try to time things out by using Fed Ex 3 day service----only to have the case delivered in 1 or 2 days. The delivery service times are promises of the maximum time for delivery, but, often, 3 day service gets the case delivered in less than 3 days.

I appreciate your reply "Attorney_6"

This case was not filled in advance, but sent by mistake. What do you mean by

" the adjudicator will almost certainly notice it and deny the case."

Does it means that I-485 application is denied ? or it just means that I have to resubmit the application again(485)?

Thanks everyone for reply. So I understand that it might be returned and i can refile it or it will be denied if not returned right away.

Is there a way for me to get it corrected? Means is there a way I can revoke it, get it back, fix it and send it again. Actually, I did not do it myself, instead my attorney did this blunder. But after this I don't want to rely on him entirely and want to know my options.

I don't want to wait for it to be denied, is there anything I can do to fix the problem in hand? As processing is not even started, documents are just reached to USICS?

Archived