URGENT !!!!

shimmer16

My situation is really complicated. Please give useful feedback.

I worked for an Employer/ company "A" from August 15, 2011 on OPT . On Sep 12, 2011 they filed my H1 B petition . Things did not work and I was fired with a two week notice . I worked for this employer until Oct 27 th , 2011 . My last pay stub from them is for Nov 3rd, 2011.

After 8-9 days another employer "B" hired me as an independent contractor for whom I worked only for one week ( Nov , 7th - nov 12th, 2011)

After gap of another 10 days I found another employer "C" with whom I am working from Nov 22nd, 2011- till date as an independent contractor .

I recently found a very good opportunity for myself . This corporation wants me to join them from Jan 9th, 2012.

The problem now is : 4 days ago I found out that my H1 B petition is approved from my first employer " A" and it is effective as of Dec 14th , 2011 and My school told me that my OPT was automatically cancelled on Sep 30th, 2011 with the explanation of " change of status pending ".

I told both my current employer " C" and this new corporation who wants to hire me that my H1 B is already approved and I need to get transferred. Both my current and potential employer are willing to transfer/ file my H1 B . The problem now is that how will i get my existing H1 B transferred to my new employer as I should have been working with the same employer who filed my H1 B all these days . But he had fired me and I was under the impression that since they fired me they will revoke my petition of H1 B . and my school just sent me an email in the month of december that my OPT was cancelled in Sep , 2011 ( Sep 30, 2011 ) itself.

I worked as an independent contractor in between as I was under the impression that my OPT is still active.

I dont know what to do now ? This seems to be such an unusual case. Both of my new employers are willing to file/ transfer my H1 B right away . But i dont know how will it happen . I have been trying to reach some attorneys but due to christmas break I have not been able to get in contact with anyone .

please give me some positive feed back if there is any way of getting out of this mess .

Archived