Heard consulates in canada sending people back to india for stamping is that true???

sri11

Hi,

I heard from my employer today that one of his friends companies employees went to canada consulates for stamping (F1-H1) and there the consulate said to the candidates that they need to check through the cases and need to go to home country for the stamping and they sent the documents directly to the consulates in india....is that true???

He said that vancouver consulate did that in nov/dev for 3 people from his friends company is that true.....??

Do they have right to say to go to home country for when they appear in canada consulate????

till now i was under the impression that they will give the stamping they trust the case and they will issue 221g if they need to do any checking back...???? or ofcourse reject if they think that the case is not genuine....but how come they can tell the candidate to go to home country and send the documents directly to the embassy in the home country...???

experienced people who have insight into it..please share your thoughts.....feeling really bad after hearing this...i have planned appointment in jan 26th at vancouver but now came across this thing...dont know what to do...

Really appreciate any insight into this..

Thanks

There is no automatic right involved in getting a visa. If a Consulate outside of your home country denies your visa you have to go to your home country and get the visa before coming back as per current guidelines. Unlike current impressions the chances of getting a visa remain the same in any consulate. Specially if one has no US education it is prudent to get the visa in the home country as at least you have family and can wait it out.

This is a risk of trying to get stamp any where other than home country. My company head QTR is in Canada and I am required to travel there. Even when I was extension without stamp, I never went to get a stamping in Canada. We are allowed to visit Canada and Mexico for short trip of 30 days or less. However once you apply for stamping and you don't get decision, then only option is wait if they have the case or go to home country.

HI ALL,

As far as i heard they didn't get denial...they just said to go to embassy in india and they will send the docs directly to embassy in india...is that some thing can happen...i know abt deniel and 221g but is there any cases like this...some thing new to me ...thts why thought of double check with you guys before making any decision.

thanks

Archived