h1b cos effectively from 17th jan,how to serve notice to co A?

taraj

i am currently in l1b visa ,valid till jan 2014.i got a new offer from co.B ,h1b approved ,joining date 17th jan 2012.my current employer contract bond doesn't show any notice period to leave the co.if i give notice on 3rd of jan 2012 and get immediate lay off(in the worst case )...what would be the legal implications ,could i still stay in US and join the employer B on 17th ..or what should i do..plzz help!

i am currently in l1b visa ,valid till jan 2014.i got a new offer from co.B ,h1b approved ,joining date 17th jan 2012.my current employer contract bond doesn't show any notice period to leave the co.if i give notice on 3rd of jan 2012 and get immediate lay off(in the worst case )...what would be the legal implications ,could i still stay in US and join the employer B on 17th ..or what should i do..plzz help!

moreover,the contract with current co.also clearly says that in case of an early termination of my assignment from their part they will give me 30 days notice.but the contract no where tells me that how many days notice i need to provide them if i voluntarily resigns from my job.

On of my friends did COS and left company in one day though the notice period mentioned in the contract was 2 weeks. When you resign, company HR understands the situation about COS and let you go in a day as you were no longer with them. I am saying this assuming you resign when your COS gets approved or becomes effective. Thats my experience.

Archived