Any benefit filing I140 for Eb3

bhalu222

Hi

I did my BS from the US and have nearly 3.5 years of experience. My labor got approved and my company was willing to file my i140. I wanted to know will there be any benefit for me to file my I140 or should I just wait till i have 5 years of experience and restart my GC process with Eb2.

As I am from pakistan my PD for EB 2 is current. Filing on EB 3 will be just a waste of money or can I have any benefits

Hi

I did my BS from the US and have nearly 3.5 years of experience. My labor got approved and my company was willing to file my i140. I wanted to know will there be any benefit for me to file my I140 or should I just wait till i have 5 years of experience and restart my GC process with Eb2.

As I am from pakistan my PD for EB 2 is current. Filing on EB 3 will be just a waste of money or can I have any benefits

Don't think your plan is going to work out. To qualify for EB2 you must have the required experience at least by the date your PERM is filed. On top of it, your position (i.e. LC) must require an EB2 level experience. You also cannot use any of the experience gained in your position to qualify for EB2. Get your date down now, and then see whether you may be able to upgrade to EB2. So far, it looks like a very remote possibility.

Archived