I-94 Valid , L1 petition and Visa is expiring

gokul_se

Hi,

Currently i am holding the L1b visa and Petition which are expiring Dec 16,2011. But i am holding the Valid i-94 valid till July, 2014. My company has started filing H1b petition but not sure when i will be getting the petition.

If i wont getting my peitition before Dec, 16,2011, should i need to leave the country?

Moreover my wife is pregnant now, hence doctor advised not to travel for the next 2 months. Hence, not sure what i have to do.

Hence, is there any way that i can get some extension from the USCIS for 2 months by showing the medical certificate of my wife.

Please, help me to advice on this.

Thank you so much for your Respose. Yes my wife i-94 also getting expired by 2014.

But my company is saying that i need to leave the country as soon as my visa is expiring. With the current wife condition (pregnant for 2 months), i can not travel. Hence they need a medical certificate.

In such a case, i dont know what to do. is there any way that i can file some form with USCIS to ensure that i cannot travel for another 2 months. Please advice.

Thank you so much for your guidance. I spoke to the company and they have told that though I-94 is valid, petition is expiring. This is because at the time of port of entry they might have entered wrongly. This could impact the company reputation, if you stay back and more over once you get the new petition and while you are appearing for the visa interview , there is a chance of rejection because immigration office would say that i stayed in US though visa expired with out of status.

Hence, this is keeping me worry like anything because, my wife cannot travel and company requesting to leave once visa expires. So not sure what should i do. Any medical form can i submit or any advice from your end.

Archived