L2 status

soumya2484

Hi Sir,

My spouse is on L1 and I am currently working on L2 EAD. L1,L2 & EAD are valid till 2013. What would be my status if my spouse's current employer sends him back to India but L1 is still valid. Can I still continue working here in L1 holder's absence?

Also let me know what would be my status in the same case, but L1 holder is out of US on temporary vacation?

L2 status is based on the valid L1 staqtus of the spouse. Common sense dictates that short visits abroad by the L1 which are temporary in nature and the intent is to return and get back into L1 status, will not jeopardize the L2 status . Hence if he is sent back by the company you would lose your ability to work as well as L2 status. You could always find a H1 sponsor soon.

My case is L1 is not revoked by the employer, but he is sent back to the offshore branch back in India. Will I still be bound to go back and cannot work anymore in the US with the L2 EAD?

Yes. You can not stay in the US if the primary isn't in the US anymore.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I have a Question regarding the stay on L2 Visa without L2 Holder in US.

My Husband is on L1 and may have to leave in Aug2012. I am working in US on L2 EAD.I have got H1 approved status and my status will get change to H1 on Oct1st 2012.

1. My First question can i stay in US because of my valid H1(to which my status changes in Oct2012) or Can I stay here in Us and wait for two months and change my status. I understand that I am supposed to move back with him when his job gets over here. I am trying to find out the maximum limit of my stay in US after which i have to leave the country.

2. Can I stay here if my husband's L1 is not revoked by the company and wait for two months before my status changes to H1?

Please respond

Thanks

Archived