OPT EAD Not received for 180 (90+90) Days

ramki

Hello,

I am student pursued my MS and I applied for my OPT (Employment Authorization) Work Visa on March 28th, 2011 and the start date was July 7th,2011. USCIS shipped my card but I did not receive it and it wasnt returned back to TSC. And, after many inquiries through many a number of calls to some 1-800-* number, they told that the card might have been lost in mail and asked me to re-apply for my OPT again which I did it on July 28th. After 95days for now, it is still in initial review. I have called them, asked for expedite my card couple of times. They told that they will respond in 5days but they did not get back to me. I have even asked to provide an Interim EAD card but they did not respond.

I have also been to local field office on November 8th, 2011. The representative have told that my request has been shipped to TSC on October 5th, he doesnt have any access to TSC to view my case status and he couldnt help me anymore.

So now, its been more than 190 days and I did not receive my card yet. I have lost almost 5 job offers as I couldnt provide my EAD card.

Can anyone please advise me on how to take necessary steps/action on this issue. Any kind of advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramki

Archived