H1B transferred. Do i need to go for stamping if am out of country with an expired Visa


Recommended Posts


My H1b Visa (extension) got approved in June 2010 and has a Validity till Dec 2012.

I changed my employer in Feb 2011 and the new H1B or I-797 got approved (transferred) - our company lawyers being Murthy.com). Now I need to go to India for a personal vacation. I was wondering if i need to go to the consulate in Hyderabad/Chennai for the visa stamping?

Going through various forums, i see that it is "not necessary" for stamping for the new H1, since the existing Visa in my passport is valid for one more year (Dec 2012). But I want to check since this rules change frequently.

Also, given the string of 221g's for H1B Visa's, I am looking to avoid, if i can, going to a consulate.

Anyone with recent similar experiences or advise from murthy.com?


M Patt

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.