H1B Extension Regular processing August only California service center

Sudha1234

Date application was mailed to USCIS: August 23rdth, 2011

Date received receipt from USCIS: August 25th, 2011

Any additional information: H1B-CA- Regular Extension

Filed I-140 also along with H1B. I-140 was filed in Nebraska service center on the same day i.e Aug 23rd. Recieved I-140 approval on Nov 7th.

How did you get the temporary extension. Was it issued through USCIS? Can you please explain the procedure?

Temporary extension is required if your driving license requires a status check. If not, just relax.

You are good to stay in US till you get decision on your extension application.

To get status check done, go to your local DMV office with the extension receipt (original) and your driving license, they will do the rest and send you a new driving license with 6 months extended status check.

• 2 weeks later...

Date application was mailed to USCIS: August 11th, 2011

Date received receipt from USCIS: August 16th, 2011

Any additional information: CA- Regular Extension with I140.

Its still stuck at the Initial Review stage

My status changed to an RFE on Nov 4. The RFE reached my attorney on Nov 10th asking for paystubs to prove that I maintained status. My attorney submitted it on Nov 11 and now I am waiting again.

what is this temporary extension?

From what I know, once you filed, you can continue to work until they make a decision on your case.

If you timely filed for your extension, you automatically get 240 days (Maximum) while your application is PENDING. If interested see Item # 20 on Page 23 of C.F.R. § 274a.12(b)(20). You can Google the CFR and it will come up as a pdf.

If you timely filed for your extension, you automatically get 240 days (Maximum) while your application is PENDING. If interested see Item # 20 on Page 23 of C.F.R. § 274a.12(b)(20). You can Google the CFR and it will come up as a pdf.

USCIS received my petition (H1B transfer) on August 15th, 2011 and till yesterday the status was Initial Review. Today I received the below update.. I am not sure if this is for RFE or something else, did any of you guys have seen something like this ?

----

Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On November 25, 2011, your document I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of November 25, 2011, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

----

The USCIS page no longer shows that the petition in Initial Review / Decision, below is the screen capture

• 1 month later...

My status changed to an RFE on Nov 4. The RFE reached my attorney on Nov 10th asking for paystubs to prove that I maintained status. My attorney submitted it on Nov 11 and now I am waiting again.

Mine got approved: Wish all the best to everyone still waiting.

Here's my summary:

Regular I-129 filing (7th year H1B with approved I-140)

Receipt Date: Aug 13

RFE date: Nov 4 (asked for paystubs even though had submitted with original application)

RFE response sent: Nov 11

Approval: Dec 9 (for 3 years)

@rksingh:Congrats!!!!

Mine is RFE response review from Oct 25th @ CSC its normal processing. Are they taking the cases according to the dates they received the response or else any criteria?

Sorry, I have no idea. After my RFE response was sent, the website kept showing "RFE issued" and then one fine day it just went to "Post Decision Activities" My lawyer told me that they are very inconsistent in updating status on the website unless it the case follows a normal run.

Archived