L1 extn RFE, L1-H1 COS?

Timer

Hi,

My current L1 and I 94 is expired, my company has applied for L1 extension before the expiration. Now that extension has got an RFE and my company is in the process of responding to that.

I already have an H1 b approved with some other company without change of status.

Given the higher rate of rejection of L1 extension , I would like to utilize my H1 and convert my status to H1 rather than pursuing with L1 extension.

can any one kindly provide me the options to do that.

1.Is it legal to apply for L1 to H1 cos with I-94 expired( L1 extension request is in progress)

2. I heard about a process called Bridging, can any one explain what it is and is it applicable to me as another option?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes. But you need to know that it involves ANOTHER H1 petition filing by the employer with COS from L1.

2. Bridging in your case means that the L1 decision has to be "approved" before they will consider the new H1 petition with COS.

Why is the H1 visa not an option? A COS in your situation may not be approved. Put yourself in the place of the Officer deciding your H1 with COS. He may consider this an attempt to circumvent H1 visa stamping.

Archived