Hello All,

deepti

I am currently on my h1 (4/14/2010 to 10/1/2012). My first h1 was from OCT 2010 with a different employer and it got revoked due to some employer problems and then we applied new h1 from a different employer.

haven't gone out of country since 2008. My last entry was on OPT as student visa in DEC 2008. I got married here in USA in May 2011(4 months ago) and my husband is on his second h1(started in oct 2011 to 2014) we both don't have visa stamping for our h1(my husband got his h1 stamping in 2008 Dec for his first H1). now we are planning to go to India for family visit. But I hear there are many issues going on with the VFS and some people advised not to travel now as many are given 221 forms and many are rejected.

Please advice on this as we both need stamping.

Thanks

Deepti

@Deepti

I advise you to avoid visa stamping at this point of time.There are many IT professionals got stuck in India at various US Consulates.Now-a-days 80% are getting 221g White/green/blue/yellow/pink. Lately H1b people getting straight at the visa counters in Hyd.

Myselves attended visa interview on 09/30/2011 @hyd. Fortunately the VO approved my visa but I haven't recieved my passport. Its already 13 business days or 21 days eversince I was interviewed.

Mine is EVC model but EVC model has more potential to get rejections.US consulate in Hyd is the most notorious for 221g and rejections.

US consulate @ Chennail is slightly better than hyd in getting visas. If you really have some emergency then you cannot avoid visiting your home country otherwise I strictly advise you postpone your travel plans until the overall visa situation improves.

Thanks & Regards

winter21

Archived