H4 Stamping

VimalaRaj15

Hi,

Me and my husband are in US now. I was on H1 and applied for my H4 on Jul 18, 2011.

My husband have valid H1 untill 2013.

My H4 is not approved yet.

Under certain conditions I have to travel to India in couple of weeks.

And I have to return by nov 15, 2011.

Here, my question is:

Can I goto Visa stamping before my H4 application is approved, as my husband have valid

H1 visa?

I cannot stay in India after Nov 15, as I have some emergency here that week.

Thatsy I am worried.

Please advise.

Thankyou,

Vimala

Hi,

Thank you for your responses.

My younger sister's wedding is in first week of Nov.

And I am carrying now and doctor asked me if you goto India , you have to come back by Nov 17th 2011.

These two things are unavoidable for me. So I am thinking on this.

@pontevecchio : So, do you mean to say that I can attend Visa if I goto India now? My husband have valid H1 now.

Embassy people wont object me for my H4 application being in pending status. Please respond.

Thank you,

Vimala

Hi,

Thank you for your responses.

My younger sister's wedding is in first week of Nov.

And I am carrying now and doctor asked me if you goto India , you have to come back by Nov 17th 2011.

These two things are unavoidable for me. So I am thinking on this.

@pontevecchio : So, do you mean to say that I can attend Visa if I goto India now? My husband have valid H1 now.

Embassy people wont object me for my H4 application being in pending status. Please respond.

Thank you,

Vimala

H4 stamping in India is a big headache these days even after having all the proper documentation, best example is my wife's case, she is stuck in India now for her H4 stamping we submitted all the documents yet she got a 221(g) and I have seen several such cases on the murthy forum especially for the interviews scheduled in last 2 months. I am not scaring you, everyone has their own preferences but think about your kids future before you make any decision. I would suggest you not to travel for wedding, I can understand your emotions, if you get stuck in India the kid will have to go though a hassle of H4 same like you till you guys get a GC.

H4 stamping is a slam dunk unless there are credibility problems with the person in H1 status. Do not let anyone BS you into not going ahead with your plans. You DO NOT have to withdraw the H4 extension. Just leave and come back with the visa. Every case of H4 visa delay is directly due to the H1 person and his credibility if you exclude TAL. eNJOY YOUR TRIP.

Archived