October Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

GC_JRNY

Dear Folks,

PD: Apr 2007

Finally I have received the magic mails last night. Still waiting for my daughter case to be approved which was submitted this month.

It’s been a bumpy ride since the PD become current. Oh my god, there is no word to express that.

Due to Diwali, I didn’t check any forums and site for past two days and suddenly surprised to receive text message mid-night yesterday. It was a good feeling though.

I can definitely understand the feeling of folks who is waiting for approval. Be patient, it’s just a matter of time.

Hope everyone gets soon.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got our GCs by USPS Priority mail yesterday.

Category: EB2 India

PD: 5/8/2007

485 Receipt date: 7/27/2007

Service Center: NSC

Decision Email: 10/21/2011 ~6:30 PM

CPO Email: 10/21/2011 ~9:30 PM

2nd Decision Email: 10/25/2011 ~ 9:30 PM (**I'm guessing** they mailed the card on this day)

Card Received: 10/27/2011

We had sent an email to our Senator's Office for help based on some forum posts on 10/19, not sure if that helped.

Anyway, thanks everybody for all the valuable information and support. Good luck to everybody that's still waiting.

PD- April 15, 2007

I-140- Approved- July 2007

Filed for - I-765/I-485/I-131 on AUG 3rd ,2011

EAD(I-765) & AP approved and recived on 10/27

I-485--- stiil on Intial review....

Same employer throughout........

anyone on same page ? Any ETA ...... ?

Thanks & Appreciated ...for any info...

For some reason, I am observing that most people who had April 2007 PDs have had to wait much longer than those whose PDs are in June, July etc.. in any case, just to let folks know, my PD was also in April 2007 and after raising a service request and waiting for around 10 days, I did get the emails yesterday. So, I guess things are getting sorted out but not quickly enough and people from April PD period are having to wait longer than others. But eventually, people may be able to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes to all..

MB

For some reason, I am observing that most people who had April 2007 PDs have had to wait much longer than those whose PDs are in June, July etc.. in any case, just to let folks know, my PD was also in April 2007 and after raising a service request and waiting for around 10 days, I did get the emails yesterday. So, I guess things are getting sorted out but not quickly enough and people from April PD period are having to wait longer than others. But eventually, people may be able to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes to all..

MB

Thanks Magicbroom.......for ur response.... :)

But since my I-485 receipt dt . was AUG 2011, so Not sure if any one has yet start receiving it or not......

anyone with EB2 Category....PD April 2007 & later & I-485 Reciept date JULY /AUGUST 2011 .....got their GC ?

Plz advice

Thanks & appreciated !!!

Hello Friends,

I along with my wife are finally certified Green. We received the cards and they indeed look very green to my eyes. Nothing changed in life as such, no thunderbolts or heavenly halo behind my head or anything... but it is one less thing to worry about anymore.

All the very best to all those who are waiting. This process could have been simpler but in my opinion, we willingly immigrated to this country for better life and we can only be thankful for what we get here. Thanks to all contributing members of this forum. This forum has become such a habit that I think I will keep lurking around for a while.

Here is my journey in brief -

EB-2 India (Non-IT, MS-Mechanical Eng + 14 years relevant & legitimate exp)

PD: 21 Jun 2007 at NSC

I-485 reached NSC: 04 Sep 2007

I-140 RFE (Ability to pay): May 2008

I-140 Approval: 30 May 2008

Multiple EAD & AP renewals

Job change under AC21: Jan 2010

PD became current: Oct 2011 Bulletin

SR opened: 21 Oct 2011

Decision / Card Production emails: 21 Oct 2011

Decision email: 25 Oct 2011

GC received by USPS: 27 Oct 2011 (My) & 28 Oct 2011 (Wife)

PD : 21 June 2007

Category : EB2

Center : NSC

Hey folks, final update: Got my GC via priority mail yesterday - exactly 5 days after the approval emails. So, hold on, sit back, open a SR if needed and let it flow.. as Chetan_Chetan pointed out, no thunderbolts for sure.. but then, you are set for 10 years which ain't bad. And now I can also renew my long expired license!! (did not even have a backup document for a while.. but had to drive taking big risks).

Good luck to all, keep the faith and spread any cheer you can!

Best wishes,

MB

PD: Apr 17, 2007

Center: TSC

I140 AND 485: Packed reached TSC on Oct 6th

How long does it take to get the;

1. Case Number

2. Biometrics appointment letter

3. GC itself

Please share your experiences. Good luck to everyone and keep posting the updates. Will be helpful for everyone.

Nov 2, 2011 : Today me and my wife went to the local support center for finger printing.

Does any one know how long it is taking to reach the final stage of getting the physical card itself? Please share your experiences....Good Luck to everyone!!!

PD : 05/22/2007

Receipt date Sep 20, 2007

Biometrics completed on Dec 2007.

Created SR 3 weeks before. Received Response email as Below.

"Service records show that your case ready for adjudication and currently waiting to be assigned to an officer. If you have not heard from us within six months, please call us at the number listed below. If new biometrics is needed then we will contact you by mail.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

I called USCIS yesterday just to know more details. they asked me to wait for another 6 Months. After 6 months they may say "case is Under additional review" Please wait for another 6 months.

This is frustrating.

PD : 05/22/2007

Receipt date Sep 20, 2007

Biometrics completed on Dec 2007.

Created SR 3 weeks before. Received Response email as Below.

"Service records show that your case ready for adjudication and currently waiting to be assigned to an officer. If you have not heard from us within six months, please call us at the number listed below. If new biometrics is needed then we will contact you by mail.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

I called USCIS yesterday just to know more details. they asked me to wait for another 6 Months. After 6 months they may say "case is Under additional review" Please wait for another 6 months.

This is frustrating.

KKraj – Definitely this is frustrating, I can totally understand. But these are standard reply. I was asked to wait 60 days when I raised SR1, but received approval after a week. So don’t worry about this response, Just find some odd reason to reach level 2 keep following up with them. Also raise a request through Congressmen/Senator. Don’t give up; it’s just a matter of time.

• 3 weeks later...

KKraj – Definitely this is frustrating, I can totally understand. But these are standard reply. I was asked to wait 60 days when I raised SR1, but received approval after a week. So don’t worry about this response, Just find some odd reason to reach level 2 keep following up with them. Also raise a request through Congressmen/Senator. Don’t give up; it’s just a matter of time.

I Visited Senator Office week before and provided information to Case status worker. Received response as below.

"USCIS Record show your Constituent's case is currently waiting to be assigned to an officer for review. according to the Visa Bulletin it may appear that a visa is available for him upon which to base his adjustment.

Please Note: when Visas become available all applications and petitions are processed based on receipt date order. We have cases older than his and it may well be that the supply of visas on hand may be exhausted by the time his application is assigned to an officer"

There is no big difference between USCIS SR and following up with the help of senator. Also based on above response, If priority date goes back my case will not be assigned to an officer and i will have to wait for another few years. WOW! THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING!

i raised a service request last week. So far yet to hear anything. I also confirmed that my case is pre-adjudicated. Still in Initial review.

PD 05/31/2007 , EB2 I @ NSC

Hi Marrisv,

How do you find out if your case has been pre-adjudicated?A

nd what does pre-adjudicated actually mean?

Thanks for your response.

• 2 weeks later...
PD: July 6th 2007

EB2 India @ TSC

I-140 approved in Oct 2007

Current in October 2011 bulletin; AOS for both me and wife

I-485 Status: Initial Review (October 4th 2011 Receipt date)

Received Receipts on October 11 2011

Biometrics notice: Recieved on October 17 2011 for Nov 10 2011

Biometrics Done on Nov 09, 2011

December 05, 2011: Recieved email and when checked my status online "EAD cards are under production". I-131 AP is approved and sent a notice in mail.

PD: May 7th 2007 (Recaptured old EB2 PD with new employer)

I-140- Approved- September 2011

I-485 Applied on 2nd Oct, receipt date 10th Oct

Service Center: TSC

Finger printing done on 24th Nov

Can't check status online. Called couple of times to 1-800 number, same answer, your application is in progress.

Hi All,

Mine was EB3 to EB2 (June 1st , 2007, EB2) upgrade and I finally got the email that cards have been ordered.

Good day over all.

In October(mid) I created an SR and about two weeks ago also asked my local congressman to look into it.

Hope that information helps!

It has been a long journey. I came to US in 98 and thought I'd be citizen by now but I am glad I got my Green card.

-Neelima

Archived