H4 Decision Time

dreams11

In general, the USCIS service can take a number of months to adjudicate a stand alone I-539 application. However, an applicant can call the national customer service number of USCIS to see if the case is outside normal processing times, and if so, the representative will place an inquiry on the status of the case. The national customer service number is: 1-800-375-5283.

Please consult directly with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the specific details of your case and determine a customized course of action.

If it is any consolation, I applied for a I-539 CoS on 5/27 this year. It's been 4.5 months now and my status is still 'Initial Review'. When I applied, the expected processing time was 2.5 months.

I've been calling USICS multiple times to no avail.

The worst part ? I have a job offer in hand and the employer is willing to file for my H1B and is just asking me to provide my H4 approval notice :(

So now I've decided to give up this endless wait and travel to Canada to get my H4 stamped.

I visited USICS and they informed me that my case reached the adjudicating officer on 10/14. That's 4.5 months since my receipt date. Typically an adjudicating officer takes 2 weeks or less to decision on a application. So overall, at least at the VSC, the I539 processing time is about 5 months.

Looking forward to hearing from USCIS soon.

Hi,

I applied for COS from F1-H4 on July 5th and my case is still in initial review.

when I called uscis today she said they are still processing may application. how can that be possible

because when the processing time data was released on oct 18 by uscis as of Aug 31st they are processing may 20th application and customer service rep told me that they are still processing may application?

I think they don't have updated data to give us when we called.

Please keep us posted if you hear any thing and also good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived