Going for H4 stamping - H1 just approved

gowda8829

Hi,

I am currently on my Stem OPT and my H1 has been approved. it will come into effect only from october-1'st.

1)can my wife attend her H4 visa interview in july,2011 based on my H1 approval notice.

2)How soon she can enter the coutnry if her H4 gets approved.

Please share your inputs on this one.

Thank You

@kalyan2985

After some research it is possible for H4 applicant go for their visa interview Prior to 90days it seems. but they can enter the country only after Sep 20'th.Please let me know when r you planning for H4 interview?

I am also in E-V-C model.

If anyone wants share their inputs on H4 visa interview prior to Oct-1'st, please let us know as well.

Thank You.

@gowda8829 - This is what i got from my Company's lawyer.

As you know that i'm currently on F1 Visa STEM OPT, and my H1B Visa got approved which starts from October 1st 2011.

My questions are regarding H4 Visa.

1. How soon can my wife schedule H4 Visa interview?

is it 90 days prior to Oct 1st that she can schedule H4 Visa interview though she can travel after Oct 1st.

or she has to schedule H4 Visa interview only after my h1b starts that is after Oct 1st?

>>Normally, the Consulate will require pay stubs to document the H-1B employment has started prior to H-4 visa issuance.

2. What are the required documents that i've to send?

>>The Consulate maintains a list of documents required for H4 visa stamping. Please contact the Consulate (website) for details.

Anyone please give your valuable suggestions, as i've been getting some conflicting answers.

Thanks.

Archived