H1-B Change of status to B2.. explanation of online case status

cosh1b2

Hello,

I e-filed form I-539 at CSC for COS from H-1B to B2 on Dec 17, 2010. My employment was terminated on Dec 30, 2010 and I sent in my I-539 application in advance since I had pending interviews that were scheduled for after the holidays. I checked the online case status for my application and found this

"On January 4, 2011, your document I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of January 4, 2011, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Does this indicate Approval/Rejection? I searched through the forums but could not find an exact answer although there are many related topics. I am not sure when I will get the postal confirmation but can someone explain this status?

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

desperately need an answer on this one .

My question is:

I am currently on H1 through July 1st and my next job starts October 1st.

Is it worth taking the risk going to B2 during this transition time or should I return to India until my H1 is processed.

Also if the H1 to B2 COS is denied will it look bad on my green card application in the future.

Thank you

Archived