I-485 is denied bcz my I-140 is withdrawn by employer

cmos

My GC was applied in EB2 category. Due to personal issues, I resigned my job in US last August and had to go to India.Therefore my H1B got canceled and I didnt renew my Advanced parole too. My priority date bacame current this month. I received a letter last week from USCIS saying my I-485 was denied because my I-140 was withdrawn from my previous employer,so I-140 is revoked. I am still in India and working here. I am planning to move back to US in 1-2yrs. What can i do at this point to reinstate my I-140 and I-485? The letter from USCIS says that I have 30 days to file a motion(no appeals) using Form I-290B to reopen or reconsider this case. Please let me know what are my options at this point to reinstate my I-140 and I-485.

Originally posted by cmos:

My GC was applied in EB2 category. Due to personal issues, I resigned my job in US last August and had to go to India.Therefore my H1B got canceled and I didnt renew my Advanced parole too. My priority date bacame current this month. I received a letter last week from USCIS saying my I-485 was denied because my I-140 was withdrawn from my previous employer,so I-140 is revoked. I am still in India and working here. I am planning to move back to US in 1-2yrs. What can i do at this point to reinstate my I-140 and I-485? The letter from USCIS says that I have 30 days to file a motion(no appeals) using Form I-290B to reopen or reconsider this case. Please let me know what are my options at this point to reinstate my I-140 and I-485.

go talk to a lawyer.

why do people post here for major issues like these?

Originally posted by strynz:

Originally posted by cmos:

go talk to a lawyer.

why do people post here for major issues like these?

Becoz, the main purpose of the forum is to discuss the issues, that is why people come to here to post, if you have any suggestions, help otherwise ignore, other people might help...

Becoz, the main purpose of the forum is to discuss the issues, that is why people come to here to post,

I know the main purpose of this forum.

For complex issues that could affect your green card approval(after waiting for decades)its best to consult a lawyer asap. This forum is not for that.

if you have any suggestions, help otherwise ignore, other people might help...

Maybe that applies to you too?

Archived