H1B Regular Processing Vermont Center ***June Applicants***

rsandy03

Thought of starting a chain for this discussion. June 2011 applicants please post your updates so that other members can get some information on whats happening.

Please follow this series

Application type : H1B (New or Extn)

USCIS Receipt date:

USCIS Notice date:

Staus:

Thanks in advance.

Does this mean it is approved?

Application type : H1B New

USCIS Receipt date: 23nd Jun 2011

USCIS Notice date: 23nd Jun 2011

Staus: Post Decision Activity

On August 23, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

H1B Receipt Date : June 13 2011

(First extension on H1B)

Current Status : initial review

My Driver's license expires on September 12th. I called Virginia DMV on multiple occasions to confirm if they'd provide a temporary extension when the H1B extension application is being processed. Their answer was a clear NO !

Is it advisable to move my application to premium processing ? Any thoughts ?

Congrats, yours is approved! I think there are major delays with VSC these days but probably also depends on type of employment.

For people in IT sector it is taking very long time but certain type of employers like academic side seems to take lesser time but still more than usual time at VSC.

You are lucky you got approval fast, people from May are still waiting. If you dont mind sharing, can you tell if you are in academic setting i.e. university work and which sector IT, etc? Thanx.

I was in virgina earlier, go to DMV directly with your receipt notice, passport, etc with non expired license. They will extend for one more year. Don't wait. I did in Richmond , va one on the quicussion road

Originally posted by jaivathan123:

H1B Receipt Date : June 13 2011

(First extension on H1B)

Current Status : initial review

My Driver's license expires on September 12th. I called Virginia DMV on multiple occasions to confirm if they'd provide a temporary extension when the H1B extension application is being processed. Their answer was a clear NO !

Is it advisable to move my application to premium processing ? Any thoughts ?

I checked in the USCIS site and I see that its still initial review. I am hoping that I will get some update this week for sure.

The processing seems to be random though. Some people who applied in May 2011 are still waiting but few applied in the last week of June 2011 are getting updates. Anyways we will hear something real soon.

Application type : H1B New

USCIS Receipt date: June 2, 2011

USCIS Notice date: June 7, 2011

Staus: Initial review

Thanks manimoha. I stopped calling DMV HQ regarding my situation with H1B extension and license expiry. Contrary to what I had been told by the DMV rep on Phone that I would not be provided an extension without the H1B approval, I was provided an extension at DMV for 8 months with just the H1B notice of action. No questions asked.

jaivathan123

take the receipt and ask your employer to give you a letter that says that the visa extension has been applied and under the so and so rule until it gets applied you can stay in USA for 240 days, I did this in Dallas Texas and they extended MY DL for 1 year.

good Luck!

Archived