US Citizen spouse petition living abroad

Recommended Posts

A US citizen living abroad who wishes to sponsor his/her spouse for a green card, may file the I-130 immigrant petition for Alien Relative.

Even if someone is living abroad, the I-130 petition can be mailed in to the USCIS Lockbox in Chicago, Illinois (which handles family-based filings).

As of the date of this writing, there are still a limited number of USCIS offices abroad that accept I-130 petitions. However, in the near future the USCIS is moving towards disallowing petitions to be filed abroad and requiring the I-130 petitions to be filed only in the US.

Link to comment
  • 1 year later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.