I-140 filed on April - Update

wildriver

Thanks Wildriver and good luck to you too.

Nebraska website is showing 4 months of processing time and If you check the I140 forum for people who applied for I140 in Jan 2011 are getting the approvals in April 2011.

So hopefully we should also receive the decision within 4 months.

TO Bendev: It was regular. I am pretty sure that there is no chance for applying on PP when you are at the NIW category.

TO Manjusha: Our files are looks very close. I am assuming your is at Nebraska as well. Did you applied for both I-140 and I-485 concurrently or not? Mine is only I-140.

Good luck everyone

Are you filling under the NIW category? Is it a self-filing or you hired an attorney?

not under NIW, my employer filed

You hopefully receive your receipt notice next week. Where is the office you applied? Mine is at Nebraska.

I think My application is sent to Nebraska service center based on I 140 instructions.

I'm still waiting from my attorney about the receipt number. One of my friend who applied back in January has received his recipt number but his status online is still Unknown. I was surprised to see some getting approved from February and march. I don't understand, Why I 140 application status is so in consistent based on the date you have applied?

Wildriver: Our files are looks very close. I am assuming your is at Nebraska as well. Did you applied for both I-140 and I-485 concurrently or not? Mine is only I-140.

>>>>> Mine is at Texas center. And I have filed only I-140. Dont know how much time is Texas center taking... Good luck all.

good news,Mine is now in Initial Review.

Filing Date # April 18, 2011

Receipt Date # April20, 2011

Type - Regular

Status - Initial Review

It also says "we received this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice."

Is this something like a RFE?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived