unemployed/self employed on AOS pending/EAD

My job in the finance industry was terminated a couple of years ago and after actively looking for a role I was not able to find one given the severity of the economic crisis. I started working actively for myself which I continue to do.

I've read recently that at the point of adjudication I must have a job with the sponsoring employer, or a letter of intent to that effect. Or have a new employer with an AC21 in place, or be self employed. I have inquired about registering a firm but have not done that yet but can right away.

This may not be pertinent, I applied for an EAD extension and AP last year and got the two without any issues. Also, I traveled outside the country, and on my way back had to go through secondary inspection. As the officer asked about my employer and I told him I was in between jobs.

I was wondering what my options might be at this stage. My priority date might become current in the next bulletin and I am somewhat concerned about getting an RFE.

I would really appreciate if you could reply. As of now I am actively looking for a position once again.

Thanks and Regards

You may even get a GC mailed to you without any other process. What is the situation vis a vis your GC sponsor. If you get your GC and report for work and they lay you off you are fine. The SINGLE most important thing you need to do now is to discuss your specific issues with a Good Lawyer and SOON..Maybe the firm of Murthy or any of your choice.

Archived