W2 forms for H1B Visa stamping

manishqs

Hi All,

I am a new user.This is the first time i am posting something in this forum. so the question is regarding one of my friend. He is having questions regarding H1b Visa Stamping.

He came to US in May 2008 on H1 visa, and he was on bench with out pay for most part of 2008 and 2009. But from 2010 onward he was on job till date. He got an H1visa extension approval and he is going to India in October, so he has to go to Stamping. He has got all the recent pay stubs and 2010 W2 is good. He works in Employer Client Model i.e his employer is the Prime vendor for the client,and he has the client letter, but i guess there is a problem because the amount on 2009 and 2008 W2 is less.

But wanted to know from the experts, is there any way out so as to get successful H1 extension stamping.

And weather it would help if he goes to stamping in Mexico/Canada instead of India.

Your quick response is highly appreciated.

@manish

People who have been in the US righfully/legaly for 10 yrs with all proper documentation have received 221g's and have had their visas rejected.

Your friend has been in the US without working on a H1B which is completely illegal. There is a very high chance his visa will be rejected. If you do not produce a document that the consulate asks particularly documents like W-2, they absolutely will give you a 221g.

Hi Manish

I'm in the same shoes as you. My W2 for 2009 shows less salary than my LCA but 2010 W2 and 2011 paystubs are in good order.

From what I've heard, I would avoid places like Matamoros Mexico. I've heard that Tijuana is much better in this regard.

Keep in touch and let me know how you stamping goes, when were you planning to go?

Archived