I-539 questions for F-1 to H-4

cadbury4all

My information:

Current visa: F-1

Never applied for Green Card

Applying for H-4 visa as a dependent of my spouse who holds valid H-1B

Spouse's information:

Current visa: H-1B valid till 11/07/2013

I-140 approved, I-485 not filed (priority date not current)

I'm in the process of filling out I-539 to change my status from F-1 to H-4. Specifically regarding Part 4, questions 3a, 3b and 3c of I-539:

Part 4 Q3.a. Are you are any other person included in this application an applicant for an immigrant visa? YES / NO

Part 4 Q3.b. Has an immigrant petition ever been filed for you or any other person in this application? YES / NO

Part 4 Q3.c. Has a form I-485 ever been filed by you or any other person in this application? YES / NO

Based on my information above, what should I fill out as answers for the three questions above? When they say "any other person included in this application" do they mean my spouse who holds H-1B or is it just me since I'm applying for change of status?

• 1 year later...

Based on my information above, what should I fill out as answers for the three questions above? When they say "any other person included in this application" do they mean my spouse who holds H-1B or is it just me since I'm applying for change of status?

I think it means all the people listed in the i-539 application - primary applicant's spouse & primary applicant's children.

I believe the answer should have been No for 3a, 3b and 3c. How did it go cadbury4all? What did you fill and what was the response?

Archived