GC Approval Notice - Travel Plans

suryat

I have received approval notices for me and my spouse on 05/02. The online status has not changed from Initial Review though. I have not received any other correspondence from USCIS since the notices. We have travel plans for the first week of July. I would appreciate if someone could advice on my options at this stage.

Originally posted by SuryaT:

I have received approval notices for me and my spouse on 05/02. The online status has not changed from Initial Review though. I have not received any other correspondence from USCIS since the notices. We have travel plans for the first week of July. I would appreciate if someone could advice on my options at this stage.

Since you have 6 more weeks before your travel, you can wait for your card arrival. After 4 weeks from now, if you have not received your cards plan to postpone your trip so you can have your trip with GC in hand.

"What is important for you? travel plan or green card?

There are lot of people waiting for PD for applying for EAD cards and your's is just stupid question.

I think you don't have any work to do at ofrfice??"

I have done my fair share of waiting and I too have experienced first hand the frustrations and tribulations that any prospective immigrant goes through. We have an important social event back home so please do not trivialize the intent of the question.

I was hoping the experts on the forum who have always shown a very helpful attitude would provide their insights on whether I could take some steps to help the process advance a little faster so I would not have to be in the situation of having to choose between the Green Card and my travel plans.

Really??? If you have really done your share of waiting, don't you already know how easy it is to just "take some steps to help the process advance a little faster"?

...so I would not have to be in the situation of having to choose between the Green Card and my travel plans.

Wow, will you really "choose" your travel plans over the GC? Please sir, you do exactly that!

Originally posted by SuryaT:

I have done my fair share of waiting and I too have experienced first hand the frustrations and tribulations that any prospective immigrant goes through. We have an important social event back home so please do not trivialize the intent of the question.

I was hoping the experts on the forum who have always shown a very helpful attitude would provide their insights on whether I could take some steps to help the process advance a little faster so I would not have to be in the situation of having to choose between the Green Card and my travel plans.

Not really helping, Chetan. :) I guess my query seems to rub a few people the wrong way for some reason. Obviously, I would not risk my Green Card for my travel plans (the point I was trying to make was that it would be ideal to not have a choose one or the other situation).

Thanks for the response, anilks. I am planning to take an infopass appointment and will check with the officer if getting a 551 stamp is an option for me :)

I have also heard of some success for a few with obtaining permission to take biometrics from local USCIS office without an official notice (if that is what is the cause for delay). Has anyone had experience with this? Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks a lot for the response, Pontevecchio. I was initially planning to take an appintment on 05/23 but will defer to your judgment to wait till end of the month before trying my luck at the local USCIS office :) I have not made my ticket purchase yet, because of the apparent uncertainty. Do you think that not having tickets in hand may affect my chances of having the temporary stamp? Much appreciate your help!

HI SuryaT

Don't worry about some people on forum saying bad thinks (remata), you have done your job, a lot of people here does not have any idea what going on!!!

Try make a infopass appointment and stamp I 551 in your passport if you can't or not receive the Green Card, I suggest you wait a little bit, you have already waiting for a long time, one or two weeks sometimes ins't hurt you!!

Good lock and I hope you get GC on time to do your travel.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your kind words, Alexandre.

A couple of Infopass appointments and one service request later we received temporary stamps in our passorts with a validity of 6 months at the local USCIS office. The officer also gave us appointment notices for biometrics for 07/06.

A couple of questions that I would really appreciate if the experts here can answer:

1) With the temporary stamp, is it safe for us to make our travel plans now?

2) The officer at the counter had suggested that we could also try to walk-in at the ASC office and see if we could get our biometrics done ahead of the appointment dates. Would you suggest that we try to do a walk-in or would it be better to keep the original appointment date and plan our travel accordingly?

Priority Date: July 17, 2006

Category: EB2

Processing Center: NSC

Current Status: Card/Document production

Yesterday (06/14/2011), I saw a status change on my I 485 application. It now says "CARD/Document production".

My questions:

1. Does the status "Card/ Document production" mean that my green card has been approved?

2. I applied for my wife's green card as Derivative Spouse and got Biometrics appointment notice. I heard that derivative spouse will get the same priority date as the primary applicant. Is that true?

3. If the priority dates get retrogressed (knock on wood), then would it affect my wife's application as I am in Card /document production stage?

Please kindly help me with the above questions. That would be a great help.

Archived