Any hope on EB3? Should I give up?

Pokymon

Originally posted by pernalguy:

Waited 13 years. EB3 is moving a week and 3 months a year. My PD is December 2005. With this slow rate of movement, mine should take about 20 years. What should I do? I am frustrated.

Find an other job which has EB2 requirements.

I am sure experience can offset education.

To be honesty in 13 years you got time to do 2 Colleges, did you?

on that way you can apply for EB2 and interfile the priority date from EB3 and got your green card fast.....

I'm telling that not to offend you or insult you is because I'm one the same boat!!!!!!

Wait wait wait wait is the only answer for us....

What did you do last 6-7 years? I think the PD comes from the date you file for.... Anyway that is past so go ahead and ask your company's attorney to apply for I-140 with premium processing and get it approved in 6 to 7 days then you know other process....I know many here those got approval within 10 days. None of them bothered to get a college degree from here. I believe there is someone only checking or verifying fees (payment) not the qualification or the form itself.

Close to 14 years of wait

I wanted to post my story... I have been in US for close to 14 years...still with out GC... EB3 India May 2004

1) came on Sept 3rd 1997

2) Did MS in computer science and joined a firm in Nov 1999 on OPT

3) They did my H1B and started my LC processing in 2001 Jan but they went under during 2001/02 recession.

4) I joined another firm in August 2002 and after a long pleading they agreed to file GC in May 2004 in RIR mode but in EB3. They applied GC's for 6 candidates some have Masters and some don't but with the same title. Employer couldn't justify some need masters and some don't for the same title.

5) Got LC approved through BEC(Backlog Elimination Centers) after three years Dec 2006.

6) Got 140 approved in premium processing in time for H1B 3 year extension

7) Aug 2007 applied for 485 during that fiasco

8) working on EAD since...

9) Changed employer in Feb 2010... but no porting as new employer didn't agree to sponsorship ...just filed AC21...

so almost 14 years and counting...not even a single day of visa lapse...not a single query(RFE)...just a straight forward case pending for years...people who came to my university after me are citizens for about two years...destiny... patience... patience... patience...

Good luck every one...Hope for the best...Good things are around the corner...

Waited 13 years. EB3 is moving a week and 3 months a year. My PD is December 2005. With this slow rate of movement, mine should take about 20 years. What should I do? I am frustrated.

I understand your frustration and hope something works for you soon.

But, instead of blaming everything on the system and all the misfortune you've had, what have you done to control your destiny (rather than leave it at the immigration system's mercy)?

Remember, nothing will change if you sit back and wait for something to happen. Have you thought about:

1. Returning back to your home country.

2. Equip yourself with a higher degree.

3. Find a job with a reputed company (I see a couple of companies which applied for you PR close down).

4. Immigrate to a different country.

5. These are some ways I could think in about 10 seconds.

Sorry for being blunt, but sympathy is not going to give you a green card nor will venting your anger on EBs or DVs.

I didn't post my story so that i can win the contest of whose GC took the longest time :)

Not many companies job posting require a Masters to start with unless they are tailor made for an internal candidate to support for GC. Life is always not fair. Things that you don't want do happen and but we just need to get over them and lift yourself up and move on with a hope that something good is bound to happen. Don't give up Pernalguy!!!

9) Changed employer in Feb 2010... but no porting as new employer didn't agree to sponsorship

That pertty much sums up everything.

So basically u are unable to find an employer to port to EB2!!!!

All you have to do is to find an employer who will port your case to EB2. But you couldnt/didnt maybe because the present employer is paying you truck loads of money? we never know.

so please stop cribbing.

His problem is not EB2. It is the fact that he worked for two (TWO!) employers that went under. Why? I don't know... Maybe all he wanted was to get the green card faster, so I am not really surprised that it turned out the exact opposite way.

The bottom line - take care of your career first, then the green card will take care of itself. Hop from one $hity employer to another in hopes of getting the green card, and you will get neither. It's fair. The EB green cards are not given to those who want them the most, but based on employment, and the better your employment, the more likely you are to get one.

Get real for eb3 it will take years to get green cards. So do not think about GC when time comes you will get the GC and me too. So concentrate on work and enjoy the life with friends and family. That's what I am doing. So I advice you same thing. Think of other people so many people I know they do not have job at least you have the job. I believe if you have a good job you are fine.

I know slow movement in EB3 category makes most of us unhappy. But I guess - the only thing we can do -- while waiting -- is to upgrade ourself for a better job/position. If we get a chance to file for EB2 go for it, else just keep updated. This will eventually pay off when you get GC. You can definitly be able to switch to a better job that time.

For those who have Priority date around/after 2003 - should try to go for EB2.

For folks like me ( EB3/PD-December 2001 ) - get prepared for a better opportunity/job. ....

Me ... if I get GC today ... most likely I will continue with my current employer .... I am happy with my present position in the current world. The only regret ( not as such ) would be .... for a couple of missed better opportunities in the past.

Anyhow .... world is so big and life is not.... so try to enjoy every moment out of it ..... This will definitly make us happy.

Just my thoughts.....

SRRV

I consider beginning of wait when labor is filed and not when you arrived in the US. You are exaggerating your agony unnecessarily.

Life is what it is

Life is unfair, your problems are not your fault, no one understands you, and there’s never enough time. All of that is true and none of it matters.

What matters is what you choose to do with the situation as you find it. And despite all the challenges, you can choose to do some very spectacular, wonderful, valuable things.

Life is what it is, yet none of it has to hold you back. Life is what it is, and you can make purposeful use of it all.

Life is what it is, and the more eagerly you accept it the more richness you can create with it. Instead of complaining about the injustice and inconvenience, get busy and create a more compelling and robust alternative.

It’s no big news flash that there are problems in the world, so don’t waste your time spreading the word about them. Make the choice to invest your time building and spreading true goodness in your own special way.

This day is as it is, and with it you can do great things. Imagine the best possibilities, and enthusiastically give them life.

— Ralph Marston

• 4 years later...

Archived