Pls help advise urgently!!!!

tuser123

I am facing a very peculiar situation . I am not sure if any one else ever faced this before

I have got a offer from Company B. Since I am in my 6th yr visa ending on Jan 2012. Lawyer of company B wants approved copies of LBR/I140 to initiate H1 visa transfer

My current employer A is not giving me copies of approved LBR/I140. As per them it is against firms policy. I never heard of any such thing before, thought the papers are for me then why cant they give it to me. I am not aware how to initiate visa transfer now to employer B. Is there any other source from where I could get copies of my approved LBR/I140.

Experts pls advise as I am confused and dont want to miss this new oppturnity and also dont want to get stuck with this employer as bonded labor.

please consult a lawyer.

I-140 is employer specific and their petition so they have the right not to share it with you. you can request FOIA to try to get a copy of your I-140 approval notice.

Originally posted by tuser123:

I am facing a very peculiar situation . I am not sure if any one else ever faced this before

I have got a offer from Company B. Since I am in my 6th yr visa ending on Jan 2012. Lawyer of company B wants approved copies of LBR/I140 to initiate H1 visa transfer

My current employer A is not giving me copies of approved LBR/I140. As per them it is against firms policy. I never heard of any such thing before, thought the papers are for me then why cant they give it to me. I am not aware how to initiate visa transfer now to employer B. Is there any other source from where I could get copies of my approved LBR/I140.

Experts pls advise as I am confused and dont want to miss this new oppturnity and also dont want to get stuck with this employer as bonded labor.

I did reach out to laywer of company B. They are saying that they cannot move ahead without LBR/I140 documents at this time since I dont have enough time left on H1 visa.

If my current employer A filed my H1 extn in july 2011. I will get 3 yrs of visa extn based on current approved I140.

my questions.

1) After the H1 approval can I then transfer my H1 visa to Employer B without LBR/I140 copies.

2) Will I still need copies of I140/LBR copies to initiate H1 transfer.

3) Will employer B get 3 yrs visa for me after the H1 transfer since I would have 3 yrs visa with me from my current Employer A.

4) If I request documents under FOIA will my current employer A know about this request made to USCIS.

I appreciate your timely response on this.

Archived