H4 - H1 , Got I797C , Can I work in USA now ..??

s1912

Hi ,

I am currently in USA. My employer has filled my H1B in 22nd April 2011. Today they said that they've received my I 797C approval from USCIS and they told me that I can legally start working in USA for them .

Here are my quick questions :

1) Is I 797C is the Copy of I 797 , that Means my H1B visa is already got approved by USCIS ?

2) Can I work with my employer now , even though my I 94 Card status is on H4 Visa ??

Please respond with reply. I'll be really thankful to all.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by omshiv:

where's your 797A? or 797B?

if you get 797A..then you can directly start working as you'll be issued I-94 along with the petition.

if you get 797B..then be ready to get it stamped at some US Consulate abroad.

I just have received I 797C .... My employer has filled my application in normal process ..

I-797C could be one of the following

Reciept Notice

Notification of Action that is going to be taken

Rejection notice

So, it is hard to guess for us what is that you got in your case.

Since it is your first H1, you can't start working. Even if your employer (sure he is a desi consultant)says that you can work, you will be in trouble later. Wait until the start date specified in your I-94 that will come along with your approval notice (I-797A). If you get I-797B then you can't start working until you go to a consulate and get VISA stamped.

Originally posted by Transformer:

I-797C could be one of the following

Reciept Notice

Notification of Action that is going to be taken

Rejection notice

So, it is hard to guess for us what is that you got in your case.

Since it is your first H1, you can't start working. Even if your employer (sure he is a desi consultant)says that you can work, you will be in trouble later. Wait until the start date specified in your I-94 that will come along with your approval notice (I-797A). If you get I-797B then you can't start working until you go to a consulate and get VISA stamped.

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your true advice .... Yes that is I-797 receipt notice .... And I talked to my employer about this issue so he's agree on what you've suggested here .... so I am really thankful to your right time suggestion ...

But still I have a doubt that If my application will get an approval before Oct 1st and I'll receive I 797A , than also I can start working here ?? .. As ideally I can not start work before 1st Oct ..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Ananya, I was wondering as to how you got your H4 yo H1 transferred at this time. As I have been trying hard and thinking of some consultancies who can train me and place me somewhere. Its easy with an IT background than others, I know..

If its fine plz mail me, how u got it done...I am really curious and if possible I want to try it too.. Its been 2 years that I am sitting here doing nothing and on H4. Its really depressing.

ananyanair07@*****.com

Thanking you,

Ananya

Hey T75...

I understand your concern for all the people and United States too. And as far as I know there are lots of professions other than IT where H1B is possible, its just the economy thats not allowing other professions for the right... And I bet people will work out there own ways, with good guidance and with help of this forum. So kindly try not to discourage anybody with your comments rather try to be of some help.

Ananya.

Originally posted by ananya_nair06:

Hey T75...

I understand your concern for all the people and United States too. And as far as I know there are lots of professions other than IT where H1B is possible, its just the economy thats not allowing other professions for the right... And I bet people will work out there own ways, with good guidance and with help of this forum. So kindly try not to discourage anybody with your comments rather try to be of some help.

The comment from t75 IS helpful.

You need to find a job in your profession.

A bad economy is NOT an excuse for doing something shady.

Dear JoeF,

I am very well aware of the my actions,and I dont consider this forum a place to brand people. We are here to solve our problems with other experiences. Some people might have problems with it. But who cares about them.

Your are this another person JoeF. The other day I was telling my husband abt you, how u discourage ppl around here. But I think I have to understand there always happen to be some antisocial elements in every system...

But anyways, none of my business, as if you r gonna change the world. Trust me "Live and let live."

God Bless.

Ananya

Archived