Visa Retrogression HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soyem13-

I am appalled and frustrated by the lack of sensitivity and reason in this visa allocation process. My brother'S priority date which is April 2001 was current for last September 2010. Due to lack of funds he only sent in the fees and I485 forms in January 2011 but they received it on February 3rd 2011. He received a rejection notice saying that his priority date was not current. When I checked the February 2011 bulletin I realised that it was reading some date in the past. I was completed puzzled, horrified and disgusted to see that they would go so low to reject his case. Later on I got a new word to blame,

"retrogression" who the hell cares about this why after waiting 10 years my brother had to suffer this tragic twist of fate. Now we have to wait until God knowS when for his petition to become current again. Is this damn musical chairs does anyone else feel my pain. I sent copies of all the bulletins from August 2010 to January 2011 back to Uscis hoping that someone intelligent would take a look at this to no avail it came back with the same result and a new receipt # .

Can I protest this based on the fact that the application was mailed Fedex on 1/31/2011 and should rightfully be treated as a January case where the petition would be current.

HELP YOUR COMMENTS AND COUNSEL WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Originally posted by soyem13$:

"retrogression" who the hell cares about this why after waiting 10 years my brother had to suffer this tragic twist of fate.

I suggest you put the blame right on your brother.

If your brother can't manage to come up with $1K in four months, this whole immigration stuff is obviously of very low importance to him.

Your completely ridiculous rambling doesn't change the fact that HE dropped the ball, HE and HE ALONE.

The case has to be filed when the priority date is current. There is no flexibility on this point.

While the filing fees are high, given the amount of time spent waiting for the date to be current, there was ample time to prepare. This is why it is so important to get informed about requirements. With a bit more information, the importance of filing within the month(s) when the date was current would have been understood. With a bit more information, the required amount due for the filing fee would not have come as a surprise.

Archived