Process after I140 approval

shek2u

Hi,

I got my I140 approved which was applied on Dec,2010 after an RFE.

MY PD is Mar 2010 and i'm in EB2. I wanted to know what is the process after I140 approval. I know that I need to wait for my PD to be current.

But my question is -

I never added my spouse name in my GC process till now. when should I do that?

Also, dont know anything about EAD, AOS, Counsalar processing. DO anyone have any clear web link which explains the procedures after I140 approval till the final stage.

please consult a lawyer.

once your PD is current, you can both apply I-485 for you and your spouse. together with your I-485 (AOS) application, you can apply I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP).

Originally posted by shek2u:

Hi,

I got my I140 approved which was applied on Dec,2010 after an RFE.

MY PD is Mar 2010 and i'm in EB2. I wanted to know what is the process after I140 approval. I know that I need to wait for my PD to be current.

But my question is -

I never added my spouse name in my GC process till now. when should I do that?

Also, dont know anything about EAD, AOS, Counsalar processing. DO anyone have any clear web link which explains the procedures after I140 approval till the final stage.

Once your dates are current as per the visa bulletin which should take up to 4 years plus if you are from India or China you can apply for AOS along with the EAD/AP if you are in the USA in status. In the meantime based on I-140 approval you are eligible for H1 extensions. Your wife does not get added. But her details are mentioned in your I-140 application. When the dates are current she can also file for AOS while staying in H4 till then.

Archived