Please help desperate ....Can a H1b twhich was used only for 3months can be transfered to another consultant

La211

Hi all,

My name is Latha & i have situation here.I entered as a H4b in 2007 and later got H1 in Oct 2008 but could not work due to bad economy & from April to june I had 1 small project & have 3 pay slips.After that In july i changed to h4 as had to travel to india on urgent basis.Came back as H4 and now my status is H4.But i still have my H1b till sep 2011(1st 3 yrs).

Now i want to apply for jobs but most of the jobs which suit me & in my city asking for working on their W-2.So my question is can i change my h1b to another consultant & start working with him.

Can the transfer happen without no recnt pay-slips.Pls let me know as it would help me a ton & i can immdeiately approach the new consultants working on their W2.

PLSSS help

Thanks,

Latha

Thanks so much for answering,But i ddin't get it clearly means am i eligible to work on their W-2?

Suppose i got an offer from company saying my H1 has to be on their W-2 & they will transfer my H1 but i dont have any recent paystubs as i was on H4.Before changing to H4 i had 3 pay stubs..So would that be enough to transfer?

Archived