I-94 while not in US

tapans

My employer applied for my H1B and clearly mentioned that I am not US and it is not Change of Status.

In my I-129 it is clearly mentioned that Chennai Consulate, India.

In spite of that I see I-94 to my I797 petition. Now where should I submit this I-94?

Will it be a problem when I go for my Visa interview this month?

Thanks

I have been in the US for 6 years and I know what I-94 is. Thanks for your explanation though.

You didn't get my question right. I-94 is sent with the petition(I-797) when the applicant is in the US and the petitioner applied for change of status.

In my case, I am in India when the H1B transfer got initiated. My question is, when should I return the I-94? Should it be next time while I leave US?

Hi Tapan,

remember me for the other post about X with 221g and Y with H1 Transfer and new interview. I see urs is on 12th and mine on 14th. I did get the same kind of approval with an I 94 below it .. it is kind of surprising. and Yes like others who said abt I 94 we do know what it is. But it is only issued for COS / Extension scenarios so like you I am also surprised

Harish,

Thanks. It may be clerical error as mashmit2002 mentioned.

Let us hope that we all get our visas at least after this suffering.

Yes mine is on 12th @Chennai. Will post the results by 12th night whatever the result it is. It may be of some help to you. Its really sad that some don't post their cases. Very few post success cases.

All the very best and hope you got all your docs from employer.

Archived