Sending spouse Greencard overseas

Recommended Posts

My wife came to the United States with her passport that has her Immigrant visa ( Temporary I-551 ), however, she had to go back to South Korea for personal reasons. I just recently got her Greencard and want to send it her in South Korea. Does anyone know the best carrier to send to her? From what I understand, she still can enter back to the US with her passport that has the Temporary I-551 paper visa, but I'm worried about her having issues when she renters next month.

Link to comment

The I-551 stamp has the same value as the actual card. The GC is also called I-551.

As long as the I-551 stamp is valid she can enter just fine with that. No problems.

Edited by JoeF
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.