Valid H1B visa with new valid I-797 approval notice

This topic was asked earlier by someone in 2019 and appropriately responded in a clear note. But asking the same question as USCIS rules changes from time to time. So, wanted to double check.

I have a valid H1B visa (sponsored by Company X) that is valid till June 2026. But I have moved to another company Y and have valid I-797 approval notice.

WE (myself and my wife) are planning to go to India in next couple of months. Do we need the new visa with Company Y's sponsorship OR I can re-enter US with existing valid visa (sponsored by company X) and new I-797 approval notice?

I have been reading in the forums that since the status H1b is the same, you should be able to use your previous H1b visa, sponsored by Company X) and at port of entry, immigrations (POE), show the H1b approval of this other company.  Hope you have one year + validity in your current passport, to accommodate the I-94.  Good Luck.