Lost my student visa

"If you’ve lost your F-1 visa while in the United States, here are the steps you should take:

1. Police Report:

• Visit your local police station and report your lost or stolen documents (passport, visa, etc.).
    • Provide copies of the original documents if available.
    • You’ll receive a police report detailing the incident. Make sure to keep an extra copy for your records.
  2. Replace Lost/Stolen Arrival/Departure Record (Form I-94):

• If you were issued a paper Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) and it was lost or stolen, you must get it replaced immediately.
    • Visit the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) website to file for a replacement I-94.
    • You can find the application form at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website and information about the I-94 at the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website.
  3. Report Lost/Stolen Passport to Your Embassy:

• Contact the local embassy or consular section of your home country.
    • Inquire about the procedure to replace a lost or stolen passport.
    • Most countries have websites with contact information.
  4. Report Lost/Stolen Visa to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate Abroad:

• Email the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that issued your visa.
    • Include your full name, date of birth, place of birth, U.S. address, and email address (if available).
    • Clearly state whether the visa was lost or stolen.
    • If you have a copy of the passport or visa, scan and email it to the embassy or consulate.
    • If known, provide the category of visa and the passport number from the lost/stolen visa.
    • Remember that lost or stolen U.S. visas cannot be replaced within the United States. You must apply in person at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad for visa replacement1.

Additionally, if your F-1 visa becomes damaged or is lost or stolen while you’re in the U.S., it can only be replaced the next time you travel abroad. While abroad, you must apply for a new F-1 visa before reentering the U.S. in F-1 status2. Keep your other valid documents (passport, I-20, and I-94) handy during this process."