New H1b or Old H1b extension

Could you assist me with a few inquiries regarding my H1B visa? I completed my master’s in mechanical engineering in May 2017. I received my initial H1B approval from October 1, 2019, to December 31, 2019, and an extension from January 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020. The staffing company I was with only applied for H1B duration based on my contract tenure with them. In January 2021, I moved back to India.

1. If I intend to return to the USA, what are my chances? Do I need to apply for a new H1B, or is an extension sufficient since I previously held one?

2. I obtained my first H1B through the master’s cap in mechanical engineering, and now I wish to transition to a career in IT. Is this feasible? Do I need to apply for a new H1B for an IT career? Would it be advisable to switch to an IT career while I’m in the USA?

Could you provide assistance with potential solutions for my return to the USA.

You can use the same H1b as your six year tenure is not complete.  

In case you want to switch to IT field, you will have to get an "education + experience evaluation" from an accredited US evaluator, which will give you a bachelor's degree equivalent to Computer Science.  Good Luck.