6 year clock reset rule

I am on H1-b and will be completing my 6 years on 1st of May 2024, So I have few questions.

1. Does that make me ineligible to file for H1-b application this year ? ( I think no, because i have not depletd my 6 years yet)

2. If i leave the country on 1st May 2024 after completing my 6 years, Will that make me ineligible for filing for h1-b next year (as the process starts in March/april, by which time i would not have stayed outside country for 1 year).

3. In case above is true, shall i leave befiore April 1 to make me eligible for next year application ?

Thank you!

On 2/29/2024 at 6:37 PM, Holymoll said:

I am on H1-b and will be completing my 6 years on 1st of May 2024, So I have few questions.

1. Does that make me ineligible to file for H1-b application this year ? ( I think no, because i have not depletd my 6 years yet)

2. If i leave the country on 1st May 2024 after completing my 6 years, Will that make me ineligible for filing for h1-b next year (as the process starts in March/april, by which time i would not have stayed outside country for 1 year).

3. In case above is true, shall i leave befiore April 1 to make me eligible for next year application ?

Thank you!

To be eligible for a new allotment of six years of H1B time, you must have been outside the U.S. for one full year prior to making the request (filing the new H1B petition).