Not assigned on a project after entering US

Hi Sir/Maam,
I am on H1B visa and have an approved I-140. I have some questions on my situation. I was working for CompanyA and I left US in April 2022 and went to India and my employer CompanyA relieved me in August 2022. Thereafter I transferred my H1B to another employer CompanyB in May 2023 while I was still out of country and did not work for CompanyB while in India and have I797B. Now I have entered US in January 2024 since my employer CompanyB had a project for me. But CompanyB has still not assigned me on a project and neither submmited I-9 form. In this situation what can I do, can I transfer H1B to another employer Company C? And what are my options ? Also a note my previous employer CompanyA H1 is valid until June 2024.

Thanks.

Thanks JoeF and Zodiac System.

In continuation to your response, have couple more questions. In this case, can H1B transfer work without paystubs of Company B? And also can I do H1B transfer while in US within 60 day period after I enter US or do I need to travel out of US to get H1B transfer done?