Stamping with incorrect dates on H-1B Approval notice

Hello All,

I was laid off on 5/3/2023 from my company and rejoined on 6/26/2023. My H-1B petition was filed on 6/24/2023 and approved on 8/24/2023. My approval dates are from 8/24/2023 to 8/23/2026. 

It is looking like I was out of status from 5/3/2023 to 8/23/2023. But I was working on receipt notice. My attorney applied for correction on 8/31/2023 but haven't received corrected notice yet. It has been 5 months. 

I am planning to travel this month but incorrect dates in my approval notice are worrying me. I do not know what dates to mention in my DS-160. 6/26/2023 as pr my start date or 8/24/2023 as per approval notice. 

On 2/5/2024 at 5:52 PM, Zodiac System said:

Your receipt notice would have the filing date of 06/24/2023.  Hopefully this receipt notice will be helpful till you receive the corrected approval notice.  Good Luck.

That is a relief to hear!

I missed that point. And also, I have correction request email. Hopefully they should suffice. 

Your Govt. certified LCA, connected with your H1b will also have the start date and end date of 06/26/2023 to 06/25/2026.  These dates are mentioned on the bottom right corner of the LCA.  Your employer must have provided you a copy of this LCA (it is the law).  Hope this helps.  Good Luck.

Edited by Zodiac System