H1B vs EAD/AP for New Employer After DUI

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I am with employer A and planning to switch to employer B. I have GC EAD/AP.

During holidays I made one bad decision and got in DUI accident.

I am very sorry for what happened and cannot change this. I am working with an experienced attorney to get the court things finalized.

Question, when moving to employer B - What would be the preferred option ?

- Should I switch to employer B via H1B transfer (There will be an additional steps & cycle time during the stamping etc.)
- Should I switch on GC EAD and use advance payroll for international travel purposes? Any potential issues at the point of entry etc? 
- Or If I decide to switch on H1B then can I use AP for international travel purposes? Will this cause any issue at the point of entry etc?
No other legal issues other then this.
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.