Changing my J1 to F4 immigrant visa as a derivative

Recommended Posts

I am currently in administrative processing for a family-based immigrant visa, which I had already been cleared for in 2020. I am a medical doctor and want to enter residency, for which I need a green card. However, since I have an active family-based immigration application, I can not apply for a green card through EB2 or NIW. 
My medical examination and passport will expire soon, and since I am currently in the USA on a J1 visa, I will face many hardships in acquiring those again.
My Father's visa was issued. Mine went into processing three months ago, even though I provided them with the J1 waiver.
I would appreciate your looking at my case and guiding me on meeting the Adminstrative Processing expedite requirements.
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.